Collection piece, made-to-measure & standard size – what’s the difference?
We showcase our collection dresses at bridal shoots in London and New York but we offer more than current collection dresses made to standard sizes. The four dress options we offer here at Andrea Hawkes are outlined below. Which route you go for is entirely up to you, the bride.
This is our most bespoke option and with this route, you can mix dresses and styles. We will work with you from initial inspiration, sketches and fabric samples, through to your fittings schedule and completed dress. Inspiration can come from our collection pieces, our fabric and laces and your personal design ideas.
- The most bespoke service we offer. Your dress design will be brought to life by our experienced and skilled team. personalised to you with tailored fit and sourced fabrics and finishes.
With this option your dress will be made to fit you perfectly rather than to a standard size. You will work with one our stylists to view our full range of collections. Your chosen design will be fitted to your exact measurements, including a cotton prototype to ensure the fit is perfect. We recommend between 3-4 appointments including measurements, cotton toile prototype, silk fittings and collections. These will typically be carried out between 4-12 months.
- Offered on all current collection pieces
- Allows flexibility on design changes, such as neckline, sleeves and fabrics
- A good option for a more tailored fit
- Work with our experienced and skilled in-house team during your fittings schedule
- You will have our dedicated client manager as a point of contact during your journey with us
Collection piece, standard size
Make an appointment to try on a selection of our collection dresses. If you like a dress, we can make you your own dress to standard size. We can swap and personalise small elements of most of our collection dresses upon your request. You can use a quality local seamstress for any final alterations closer to your wedding date.
- An affordable alternative to made-to-measure and fully bespoke
- Easier process – less involvement from us, more handled by you
If you’re not set on a dress from our newest collection, you might find one that fits from a previous collection in a sample sale. With this route you can purchase and then wear your dress as you find it or – if it doesn’t fit perfectly – purchase then have it altered. There’s no guarantee on choice available with sample sales and some dresses may have been displayed in the shop and tried on. However, if you need to find a dress quickly, it’s worth browsing sample sales. Ours usually happen during the week as opposed to on weekend days and we hold one or two a year.
- Discounts available
- Quick process – you can buy your dress off the rail (provided you find one that fits)
You can come into see us with your own budget and logistical requirements such as specific timeframes or living abroad. We will then guide your dress search according to these as well as your body shape.
From wedding dress ideas & inspiration to how-to guides and expert know-how. You'll find everything you need in the run up to your big day and beyond on our bridal blog!